It's About Time ...

I know. It's been a long time. But it's been a crazy past couple of weeks! Apparantly last post I jumped the gun by writing that we were done with the sickness game and on the upswing. Two ER trips, many reduced-sleep nights, and a couple of weeks later I think we're now (knocks on wood) ... HEALTHY!!

It really hasn't seemed like as bad of a winter as many people are telling me I've had. "You guys sure have had a tough winter!" "Your kids are sick all the time!!" "Where do they pick up all those illnesses?!" I've heard it all in the past couple of weeks. Maybe it's that when you're in it day to day it doesn't seem as jarring, maybe my children are just not so terrible to have around when they're sick (and they're not, they're very endearing), maybe ... I don't know. But I do know that I've missed out on many great blogging opportunities, so two quick stories to catch you up to speed ...

*****************************************
The other night we heard a LOUD bump/thump/crash. We rushed to Levi's room, to find that he had fallen out of bed.
"I broke me."
"You broke you? What did you break?"
"I broke my bed."
"Are you going to be okay?"
"Yeah. Daddy fix my bed?"

*****************************************
Levi's new favorite game to play with me is "let's go grocery shopping." He pushes a baby toy we bought him when he was learning to walk, and I am supposed to be his child ... or something like that.
"Mommy, let's go. Let's go, Mommy."
(I wait where I am)
"Mommy, you need to stay right by my cart. Stay right here."
(I don't move)
"Mommy, you hear me? RIGHT here. RIGHT by my cart (pointing to the floor next to him)."
"I don't want to."
"You need to walk like a big girl, Mommy."
"My legs are broken."
"No. Your legs are not breaking. Be a big girl."
"I don't want to."
(walks up to me with his fingers in a pincer grasp)
"See this here, Mommy?"
"I want it."
"It's a special treat for you."
"I want it."
"You can have it, if you stay right by my cart."
"I want to hold it."
"Okay. Here. Now I'll open it when we get back to the car."

WOW! He has me down to a T. Crazy how quickly they pick up on regular scenarios! And, of course, there are more fun stories but I'll save those for other days (as if those days will be dull enough to not have a story of their own ...).




1 comments:

I'm laughing out loud (very quietly.. Derek is trying to finish his 26 chapters of Deuteronomy) at the grocery cart scenario. I can't wait to mess with Eden next time she wants to play pretend. ;)

Glad you're all healthy!

Post a Comment