He has no idea ...

Tonight, putting Levi to bed, he wanted to sing to me instead of me singing to him. Here's what he sang:

"In Christ lone, my fope is found, a light a string a song. Our Cornerstone, a little ground, nu-uh-uh siersest drought and storm. Nu-uh-uh love, a depth of peace, a sears a still, a strivings cease. My comforter, my solid ground, in Christ my live."

And then, he wanted to sing it for Daddy. So we called Steve into the room, Levi crawled into his bed with Steve (for his nightly Daddy snuggle time), and Levi and I sang "In Christ Alone" to Steve.

Steve said, "oh, buddy, we are so proud of you. You have no idea."

To which Levi responded, "OK. Now let's do devotions."

Really, we are SO proud of him. So proud. So privileged are we to watch a childlike faith develop in this little boy. Proud doesn't even describe it. He has no idea.

************************************************************************************
Edit: I ran downstairs to post quick before putting Ezra to bed, and much to my mixed dismay and delight found that I took too long posting. This is what I came upstairs to -- the squishiness of my second son cannot be rivaled:


So, while Levi's being adorable in ways that make my heart swell with pride, we cannot forget about Baby Ezra, whose squishiness melts my heart into a puddle. An ooey, gooey, puddle. That's my baby. He's 10 months old today. My beautiful, sweet, and did I mention squishy baby.

2 comments:

:) How incredible the blessings...

...and a much more Hallmark moment than happening upon Eden sitting on the potty singing "Twust an' Obey, for there is no uh-va way, to be hoppy in Jee- szus..... but to twus an obeeeyyyyy"

Post a Comment