I'm posting, can you believe it?!

Folks, they're sleeping. Sleeping. SLEEPING. As in, both sleeping. Both SLEEPING. BOTH sleeping. BOTH SLEEPING. I don't know if I'm feeling the need to repeat it over and over because my brain cannot function due to absolute exhaustion, or if I'm feeling the need to repeat it because there's a small (okay, large) part of me that doesn't believe it and thus can't stop marveling over the fact that they're sleeping. BOTH. OF. THEM.

I will spare you the details of the bodily functions that have taken place over here on Wildwood Dr. for the past ... mmm ... almost a week now. There are only two things you need to know that will sum up the whole week for you in a nutshell: One, we have done a total of 11 loads of wash of JUST bedding (SO thankful that we have two washers!!); Two, this morning when the alarm rang I turned to Steve and asked, in all seriousness, "what day is it today?"

If those two facts don't give you a picture of my week, I don't know what will. Yet through it all, there have been some ponderable moments that I have wrapped up, sealed with a kiss, and locked away in the vault of my MamaHeart. Some of those moments are mine, all mine, and only mine like singing hymns upon hymns to the children who were laying next to and on top of me, wanting nothing more than their Mommy to sing to them and stroke their hair ... or like those big brown eyes looking at me saying, "I love you, Mommy. You're so sweet and cute." And some of those moments I've captured on camera for both my enjoyment and yours. So, without further ado (because I have full anticipation of actually getting a wink of sleep here myself before boys wake up), three photos to melt your heart:

*************************************************************************************
On Monday morning, after being up from 2:00-7:00am spittin', as he called it, Levi played racecars for about 5 minutes until Steve had to change Ezra's diaper and came back into the living room to find Levi asleep:


Yesterday Levi was helping me fold laundry when yet another sneak attack of vomiting hit him. Afterwards, he created this little bed for himself, saying, "I'll still help you, Mommy."

At night Levi has had a hard time going to sleep. "My really scared, Mommy." "Scared of what?" "My really scared-a more spittin'." I don't blame the little guy! He woke up in the middle of the night 3 nights in a row throwing up, and was worried this would be a forever recurring thing! Wednesday night was a restful night, no waking up all night long!!! However, last night we had a little relapse around 11:30, resulting in us needing to scrub Levi's rug and give him a shower and such. Since we were still working in his room after his shower, he created a cave for himself on the couch because "Your lights are such too loud. Too loud of lights in your house, Mommy." The lights were actually all off in the living room, which you can't tell because of the flash in the photo, yet somehow the living room lights were still too loud.

The cave seemed to be a good idea, though, because it kept him nice and sleepy (a good thing), and it kept him out of our clean sheets (a very good thing, I'm done changing the sheets on that bed for this week!!!!)

Goodnight little man. We all hope last night was your last night of rude awakenings.

1 comments:

oh dear heaven! You poor mother! I hope this has subsided and you've gotten a few winks of sleep. :) Thanks for your thoughts about my post from last week! :) He left a great legacy, didn't he!

Post a Comment