Time Out

Levi was given a time out today. Levi gets a time out almost every day. I don't feel bad about that fact -- they are effective for him, and he's the type of child that gets really wound up and needs to have a moment to wind down and think about how to play more appropriately. Or is every kid like that? Maybe so. Here's the dialogue from the time-out chair:

::mumbling is heard from the corner. It goes on for a bit ...
"Levi, you are not allowed to talk when you're on time out. You need to sit there quietly."
:: silence for a moment, then more mumbling but much quieter this time ...
"Levi, I told you that you have to be quiet on time out."
"I am being quiet. I'm not loud any more."
"Levi, when I said be quiet I meant no talking, not just quiet talking."
"But I'm singing 'Heavenly Sunshine' (this remark followed by an angelic head-cocked-to-the-side smile."

I can't believe he played the "but I'm singing a song about Jesus" card. He's only 2 ... I am starting to realize that when Ezra's a little older and can reason like this I'm going to quickly find myself quite outnumbered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment