Who's Cuter?

We're in the middle of a family disagreement. Before you think terrible thoughts about us as parents, no we are NOT discussing who's cuter between our children. Now stop thinking about that, and keep reading ...

It started Monday night. Steve was at Bible Study, so I was putting Levi to bed (Steve usually does this while I put Ezra to bed). Every night after prayers the first words out of Levi's mouth are, "snuggle me!" So I laid down next to him, wrapped my arm around him, and he whispers to me, "I love you, Mommy." It's so sweet that he's starting to do this on his own, not just as a response to us saying it to him! So I respond that I love him too, upon which he ERUPTS into uncontrollable giggles. Not knowing what we're laughing about, I joined in. As we're winding down, the disagreement began:

"Oh, Levi. Levi, Levi."
"Oh Mommy ... you're so cute, Mommy."
(???He's never told me this before, and it's hilarious to hear from him!)
"You're cute, too, Levi."
"No, YOU'RE so cute."
"And you're cute, too."
"No, just MOMMY so cute."

As you can imagine, this went on for a couple of minutes until I told him this was not helping him sleep and I was going to leave his room. About 10 minutes later Steve came home and peeked in on Levi.

"Goodnight buddy, I love you."
"Goodnight Daddy. I love you."
"See you tomorrow."
"Daddy, Mommy's so cute."

Since then two things have happened ... Steve has begun to wonder whether Levi's trying to compete with him for me (haha), and Levi has started this disagreement with me multiple times a day, every day. Who's cuter?! And now he includes Steve in the cuteness, and Ezra. "Oh, Baby Ezra, you're so cute. So cute. So cute, Baby Ezra."

One thing's for sure, even though he will not accept the fact that he's cute, we know the truth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment