"Jesus Forgives Me."

**Oops, I forgot to publish the post I wrote yesterday, so here it is now ... two posts in one day, my bad.**

We've been talking a lot about forgiveness over here as of late. Mostly about it being sinful to hit/bite/bonk/grab/kick/etc. On Wednesday night we went to church for an Ash Wednesday service. We put the boys in the nursery, and when we came to get them Levi saw our foreheads:

"Mommy, what happened on your forehead? What you got there?"
"It's ashes, buddy."
"Why is it ashes?"
"It means that Jesus forgives me."
"Oh. Jesus forgives me, too. I want some."

So I decided that since we've been talking about it lately at home, and since it's never too early to introduce children to spirituality and religion, we would go ask the pastor if there were any ashes left for Levi.

There were. Pastor Mark rubbed a cross on Levi's forehead, saying, "Levi, without Jesus you would be lost."

Levi responded, big brown eyes open wide, "Jesus forgives me."

So sweet. So true. So proud I was as a parent. And so privileged we are to raise children to love Jesus, accept His gift of forgiveness, and be ambassadors for Him in this world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment