The Adventures of Baa-Baa the Sheep (v1)

(Sorry, again I forgot to hit "publish" from yesterday's post. Two posts in one day again ... my bad.)

Baa-Baa the sheep is having a rough day. He has been on time out three times today, and I am not privy to the reasoning behind his punishment.

It started this morning before our walk. We were getting ready to head out the door, and I heard Levi say, "NO!" I watched as he picked Baa-Baa up, ran to the time out chair, and set him in it. He informed Baa-Baa to "sit right there and quiet. No talking."

The poor sheep had to stay on time out for our entire walk. Apparently the child who thinks two minutes is an unfair eternity feels that more dire consequences are needed for his plush friend. We returned from his walk, and Baa-Baa had to ask forgiveness. Levi led him in a prayer about forgiveness, told Baa-Baa he loved him, and sent him off to play.

This happened three times. Finally, after the third time, I asked Levi what the terrible offense was. Are you ready for it?

"Baa-Baa hit Gershio."
"He hit Gershio?"
"I know."
"Why?"
"I know!"
"Is he done hitting now?"
"Yup. And Gershio's all gone."
"Oh, did he fly away because he was getting hit?"
"No. Baa-Baa eat Gershio."
"Baa-Baa, you shouldn't have eaten Gershio!"
"You're not his Mommy!"
"Oh. I'm sorry. I'll back off."
"And you call him MR. Baa-Baa. Not Baa-Baa."

I had forgotten. A few weeks ago I was told that I have to call him Mr. Baa-Baa from now on. I'll try and correct that in the future. At least now I don't have to call Gershio "Mr. Gershio." Poor, sweet, short-lived Gershio. For some reason I have a feeling this might not be the last we hear of him ...

2 comments:

What goes in, must come out! Can't wait to hear Levi explain that one...

Oh my gosh he is hilarious, Jen! Thanks for your comments on my posts. We're finding our sanity piece by piece! :)

Post a Comment