A Bee in the Bed

I have known for a while that Levi's imagination is developing at a rapid pace ... we play with pretend hammers, I eat MANY fake hotdogs throughout the day with crazy toppings (honey, m&ms, pizza, bananas, to name a few), and there's a never-ending game of "hear that, Mommy? I think it's a __(dragon/bulldozer/playground/Daddy's junk trailer__" going on.

Well, someone's imagination is running away with him. Apparently at our house there is a bee. It was in the bathtub on Saturday and I had to scoop it out (very hard to do when it's make-believe). On Sunday morning it was "flying around big church". Last night it was in Levi's bed, and he couldn't sleep.

"Mommy, come find me ... Mommy, come find me ... Mommy, come talk to me ... Momm, I'm in my bedroom, come find me."
"Yes, Levi? What do you need?"
"He's in my bed now."
"Who's in your bed?"
"The bee. It's a bee. In my bed."

At this point I had only cracked open the door and hadn't looked in the room. I opened the door all the way and there was Levi, under the bed, in the far corner.

"Get him, Mom. Get him out."
"Okay, I'll get him out of your bed."
"Don't hurt him."
"I won't hurt him."
"Hear that, Mommy?"
"Hear what?"
"He's buzzing."
"Oh, that. Yes, I heard that. I think he's saying goodnight to you."
"Oh. Goodnight to me? Okay. Goodnight, bee."

2 comments:

I remember stories involving "bumblebee" and another young child....

we have a lot of lions at our house

Post a Comment